Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Is Your List Ready?

Ever get up in the morning with your list ready?
No, I don't mean your grocery list, or your activity list for the day.
I mean your list of complaints,
that list of ALL the things that are "wrong" in your life.

Have you ever woke up in the morning armed and ready with your complaints?
Ready to tell anyone who would listen what you were dissatisfied with?
(As if they wanted to hear your list, or could do anything about your list, arg!)

Well, today was one of those days for me.
I woke up with some things already on my mind,
and was all set to spend the day whining, complaining
(or maybe just being mad).

But God.........
(isn't that usually how the story goes?)

The kids and I sat down to do our devotion at school this morning,
turned to today's lesson and there HE was.......God.

There HE was, knowing what I was thinking and feeling today.
There HE was, knowing exactly what I needed to hear.
A very timely and accurate response to my plans for the day.

A reminder that GOD KNOWS.
A reminder that HE KNOWS what I need,
what I want,
what I'm thinking,
what I'm planning.

A reminder that HE knows better than I do what this day should hold.

Also a reminder that I have a choice. Did you see that part?

DECIDE to be happy!
CHOOSE to look for the blessings HE is sending our way today!

Live TODAY!

Thank you God. I got your message today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips